Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Rejection

I just received another rejection letter for a job I applied for. This is the second "official" rejection I've received. I got the first one the day of my graduation from nursing school. It was the job I really wanted. I saw an email from the hospital and got excited. Of course it was just the recruiter thanking me for applying and informing me that I have not been selected for an interview. Now once again I'm told that apparently I lack some sort of magical quality that makes me worthy of a hospital's attention.
I'm confused and upset. I was a great student and graduated magna cum laude. I've worked as a nurse extern for the last year. I have fabulous references. What's the big fucking deal?!?!?! What do these other applicants have that I don't? Aaron and my parents seem to think that my location is an issue. (I think I wrote about that earlier, but I can't remember...) If that is the case, it's just bullshit. I was a great student and I'm gonna be an awesome nurse, if only some hospital will give me the opportunity.
Every day that goes by without me having a job in Portland, makes me feel more and more sick to my stomach. I sometimes wonder if this move to Portland is a good idea or the worst one I've ever had. I wake up in the morning and my unemployment is all I can think about. After I got today's rejection I felt like I was going to cry.
I am so frustrated right now that I just don't know what to do.

No comments: