Tuesday, May 24, 2005

May 25, 2005

My nurse manager finally wrote me back. Here's what she had to say:

"You heard directly from me my reason to take you off the schedule. I am sorry if you choose to believe something else. We will not need you the weekends you signed up."

So that's it, huh? After a year of hard work I just get written off like that. She doesn't even bother to hear my side of the story or ask to speak with me. I should mention that she is known for her terrible management and the majority of the staff hate her. It's also notable to mention that she was the recipient of "nurse manager of the year" last month. Pretty hilarious stuff. My now former employer doesn't have very high standards.

I'm angry and very upset about this. I'm upset because I have never left a job in this manner before. I have always left on good terms and all I wanted with this situation was to leave on good terms. The rest of the nursing staff has been very supportive (at least those I've spoken with). I'm also upset that I won't get to work again with all the nurses I really like and respect. All the nurses that have taken so much time teaching and supporting me. It's a shame really, since the majority of the really awesome nurses in that unit are planning on leaving within the next couple of months.

Oh well, at the end of the day I keep telling myself that none of this matters. I have interviews next week and will be moving at the end of June. God I can't wait to get out of here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, poodle! :-D You should post more.