Thursday, May 19, 2005

May 19, 2005

I got a call earlier this afternoon from work. It was D. calling to tell me that B. asked her to tell me not to come in Saturday, Sunday or Monday. When I asked why, the only response I received was "she said we don't need you." I got pretty angry, because I'm sure that this has something to do with last weekend. Whenever I work with B. I feel like she uses me. My job, as I understand it, is to assist the nurses. My job is not to pick up the slack and to do the things that the nurses just don't feel like doing.
When I hung up with D., I was so angry and upset that I was shaking. I waited a few minutes and then called C. (the nurse manager). She was gone for the day, so I left a message asking her to call me tomorrow. My anger has since dissolved and I now I'm not sure how I feel. I really can't believe that some people are so childish. However this turns out, I'm just going to remember that I'm better than these people and I won't give them the satisfaction of seeing me lose my cool. I won't give them the satisfaction of seeing me quit my job or get upset. I will continue to do my job the best I can. Truly I think that will be the best response. Of course, I'm sure I'll whisper "bitch" under my breath every so often.

No comments: