Sunday, May 22, 2005

May 22, 2005

Well, my suspicions were correct. I was taken off this weekend's work schedule because B. was pissed off at me. I wasn't sure how to handle the situation, but I decided to send an email to C. this afternoon. Here's an excerpt:

It has been brought to my attention that the reason I was taken off the schedule this past weekend was in fact unrelated to budget or productivity issues. I have been told that the reason I was taken off the schedule was because B. had a problem with my work and “attitude” the last weekend we worked together (May 14-15).

C., it saddens me to think that after over a year of hard work and an outstanding annual review (which, as you’ll recall, was written by B.) that after one isolated incident I would be removed from the schedule without an explanation. I would hope that if B., or any other employee for that matter, has a problem with my work that
they would come to me directly so that it could be discussed. Up until now, I have never been made aware of any problems with my work. In fact the only thing I have been told is that everyone enjoys having me around and that I do a good job.

It is my sincere wish that my tenure end on a good note. I would be happy to meet with you and/or B. to ensure that this happens.



I don't know what her response will be or if my message will even make a difference. It just irritates me to think that I haven't had a chance to provide my point of view.

1 comment:

Dead Nurse said...

Thanks for the well wishes!