Sunday, May 15, 2005

I just finished reading The Great Gatsby last night. It has some of the most beautiful sentences I believe I have ever read. Some of the language just had me reading sections over and over again; lanquishing in Fitzgerald's writing. One particular line that I read last night struck me as quite lovely. After I read it, I really wanted to go paint a picture depicting the scene. Unfortunately, I don't paint. The line is still quite nice. It describes the object of Gatsby's affections, Daisy.

"...she was keeping half a dozen dates a day with half a dozen men, and drowsing
asleep at dawn with the beads and chiffon of an evening dress tangled among the
dying orchids on the floor beside her bed."

Don't ya' just love that?

Another quote I would like to share came from tonight's episode of The Simpsons. It had me laughing out loud.

"Don't make fun of grad students. They just made a poor life choice."
Heh, heh...poor life choice indeed.

No comments: