Saturday, September 09, 2006

What's a Vermicious Knid?

No one has asked, but I thought I might as well address it anyway.

As defined at Wikipedia, vermicious knids are "a species of amorphous, shape-shifting monsters which invade the Space Hotel USA in Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, the sequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."

So why the hell did I decide to name my blog after these fictional creatures?

I wish I could say that I had some sort of deep, meaningful reason but the truth is I just sort of picked it. I had watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory a few days before setting this site up and it was just on my mind. There is a moment in the movie where Willy Wonka is talking about the Oompa Loompas and how they were always getting eaten by the vermicious knids. I thought it was a funny, so hence the name.

No comments: