Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The true meaning of fall

Here in Portland it's easy to tell when fall is coming. The days start getting noticeably shorter. The temperature starts to drop. The rains return. I started noticing changes about a month ago. My suspicions that autumn was upon us were confirmed yesterday when I read in The Oregonian that the autumnal equinox occurs this Saturday, September 23 at 12:03am.

While part of me is sad that summer is almost over, there is another part that is looking forward to the fall and winter months. I'm not really looking forward to the neverending rain storms that characterize winter here in the Pacific Northwest, I do however look forward to the cooler temperatures and all that means. Namely, a new fall wardrobe.

I better get shopping.

No comments: