Saturday, September 09, 2006

September 9, 2006


Aaron and I saw Wicked last night at Keller Auditorium. You have to understand that I have become quite jaded when it comes to Broadway musicals. Considering the last two shows I saw were Cats and Mamma Mia (two colossal pieces of shit), I didn't hold out much hope for Wicked.

I am happy to announce that both Aaron and I loved Wicked.

The majority of the songs were great (my favorite being Defying Gravity), the sets and costumes were beautiful, and the two female leads were simply amazing. It should be noted the Shoshana Bean who played Elphaba is a Beaverton native, so she was greeted with thunderous applause the minute she walked onto stage. You can visit her website here. Don't let the J-Lo pose fool you; the girl can sing!

So if you haven't seen Wicked and some day have the chance, I highly recommend you check it out. Frankly I was just happy it didn't include any dancing cats or ABBA songs.

No comments: