Friday, December 29, 2006

Dead Nurse's Favorite Music: 2006

As pundits from across the web chime in with their choices for the “Best of 2006”, I figured I would join in the fun. Here’s a list of my most listened to tracks on I-tunes. Most of the songs are not from this year, but it certainly does tell you a little about my musical tastes.

1. “Hung Up”, Madonna – This is still in heavy rotation on my I-tunes and in my car. It’s great to dance to and I haven’t found a better house cleaning song. I am convinced that the gays will be dancing to this song for the next 20 years.

2. “Hollywood”, Madonna – What can I say, I just love this woman.

3. “The Grass is Blue”, Dolly Parton – This song got me through a very painful few months early in the year. I just love me some Dolly.

4. “Baby, Now That I’ve Found You”, Alison Kraus – This gal has such a lovely voice that I find myself returning to this tune over and over again.

5. “Dagger Through The Heart”, Dolly Parton – Often played after the previous two songs.

6. “Crash”, Gwen Stefani – Gwen minus any “Sound of Music” samples.

7. “Toxic”, Britney Spears – Please don’t hate me for liking a Britney song.

8. “Sleeps With Butterflies”, Tori Amos – I’ve grown a little weary of Tori Amos’s whiney, breathy singing style and the almost religious fanaticism of her fan base, however this song is really quite lovely.

9. “Bigger Than My Body”, John Mayer – I’m not a big fan of John Mayer, but I really enjoy this tune. I love listening to it while walking the busy streets of Portland. It just makes me feel good.

10. “Since U Been Gone”, Kelly Clarkson – Kelly Clarkson is MY American Idol

No comments: